Developed by Robotics Design Inc. Canada
The ANATERGOARM™ AEA-50 is a heavy-duty modular ergonomic snake arm constructed of anodized aluminum. It provides a weight-free, safe and comfortable way to position and use a wide variety of heavy (50kg) pneumatic, electric and hydraulic tools. The ANATERGOARM™ is composed of a vertical column for the base, connected to a serial linkage of modules for the arm that fold relatively to each other to offer a large coverage area.
The AEA-50 family of products is comprised of motor equipped, AEA-50-M, brake equipped, AEA-50-B, or motor free and brake free, AEA-50, models. The motor free and brake free model, AEA-50, is zero energy consumption. By guiding the wrist of the arm, users can effortlessly move the snake arm and any attached accessory vertically and horizontally with ease. The base of the robot contains weights which balance the arm depending on the attached payload, which nullifies the effect of gravity and provides the arm with a less friction movement.
The ANATERGOARM™'s ergonomic modular design was made to mimic the biomechanical movement of the human body, and its hyper-redundant capability allows for exceptional obstacle avoidance abilities. This increases efficiency and productivity for workers doing both repetitive tasks and tasks in limited spaces. Also, the effort-free movement of the ANATERGOARM™ helps to prevent Repetitive Motion Injury (RMI) at the workplace, while minimizing worker fatigue and accidents.
The ANATERGOARM™'s length can be customized by adding or removing modules to or from the arm. An optional extension can be added to allow the user to rotate the tool holder by ±90 or ±180 degrees or 360 degrees continually. Also the tools can rotate 360 degrees at their axe. The arm can be mounted on a column or fixed overhead using our rugged support system, designed for long lasting performance. It could, also, be mobile, mounted on a carrier with all the dedicated equipment’s tools.
The AEA-50 excels in handling a big range of torque gun equipments for the aeronautic market and specially for screwing inside the umbrella of the restricted space of the airplane’s engine.
- Improves the operator’s comfort by providing an ergonomic working procedure.
- Reducing RMI such as carpal tunnel.
- Allows one user to perform lifting and transport operations without assistance.
- Simplifies complex operations in limited spaces.
- Allows high reach and flexibility.
- Simple, durable and dexterous ergonomic design.
- Speeds up work while reducing injuries.
- Reduces time for screwing, drilling, tapping, welding and many other applications.
- Absorbs recoil torque.
- Maximizes human resources.
- High payload carrying capacity: can be customized for up to 50kg.
- Adjustable arm length: users can add or remove modules depending on their application's needs.
- Inexpensive work area coverage: performs full 360 degree rotation without turning the base.
- Lifts heavy objects in limited spaces where obstacle avoidance is critical.
- Easy to operate.
- Heavy-duty, high quality patented technology using long lasting components.
- Built with corrosion free anodized aluminum.
- Modular design allows users to easily customize arm for special applications.
- Arm remains parallel to the horizontal plane for less friction movements.
- High quality long lasting bearings.
- Optional flexible tool holder, adaptable to wide range of standard tooling.
- Screwing, Tapping deburring, nut runner.
- Burnishing & sizing (Through holes).
- Inserting helicoids.
- Handling and repairing objects in restricted places.